Having heard so much about TRE, when I got invited to try out their business lunch, I was more than happy to sample this long awaited eatery and share it with you all. This is Italian restaurateur Roberto Rellaâ€™s third restaurant in Dubai. With breathtaking views of the city, this place serves some great food. Spread across three floors- 49th, 50th and 51st, they also have a lounge and jazz bar for the guests.
Name:Â TRE by Roberto Rella
Location:Â Radisson Royal Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road
Ideal for:Â Business Lunch and also a sit down dinner with family and friends
What I ate:
– Burratina- Love how the Parma ham and burratina cheese taste with semi dried figs and balsamic paste, a perfect blend of flavours and one of my favourites.
– Calamaro & Gamberi- If youâ€™re a seafood lover, you ought to love this. Deep fried calamari, shrimps and zucchini served with tartar sauce makes for a fab start but make sure to have it while itâ€™s crisp.
– Giardino- A mix of lettuce, artichokes, beetroot and fennel. With other amazing choices on the menu, you can give this a miss.
– Tomino- Not a big fan of eggplant for appetizers, but this one was delicious. Grilled with tomino cheese, brown butter and topped with white balsamic vinegar sauce, this dish was a pleasant surprise.
– Passata-A classic vegetable soup with crispy pancetta and croutons, a simple and classic appetiser.
– Parmigiana- ThisÂ was a rare mix of Eggplant, parmesan cheese, mozzarella and basil. Preferred this over the Tomino!
– For the mains, I opted for the Branzino- Pan fried sea bass on a bed of mushroom mix served with tomato concasse. The flavour was light and delicious and the fish was so fresh. Highly recommended! Also, if youâ€™re Vegetarian, you can opt for the Raviolini- Mascarpone and green pea ravioli with hazelnut butter.
– For dessert, the chocolate truffle with Valrhona dark chocolate, almond hazelnut praline ice cream and passion fruit sauce was more like a melt in your mouth situation. If youâ€™re an ardent chocolate fan then this should be it.
– The Almond cake with rhubarb compote and strawberry was rich in flavour and delicious.
– The Cannolo was probably one of the best Iâ€™ve tried in this city. Served with sheep ricotta cheese, candied fruit, pistachio and chocolate shavings this was simply amazing.
– Out of all, my favourite dessert would have to be the Poached Pear and sorbet served with ginger crumble and vanilla cream
cheese. The flavour of the sweet pear and crunchy crumble with vanilla ice cream was simply divine!
– Firstly, I love restaurants that have a good view and great ambience. Hence, I might be bias to this one. Located on the 49th floor, this restaurant offers breathtaking views of the Sheikh Zayed Road and the desert on the other side.
– For AED 125, I think itâ€™s a real good deal. With the kind of quality and service, this business lunch is absolutely worth it. The ingredients are fresh and the end result is nothing short of a fine produce.
– In case youâ€™re opting for a three course meal, I would recommend you to choose the Burratina or Calamari for appetisers, Pan fried Sea Bass for mains and the Poached Pear for dessert.
– The presentation is top notch and so is the dÃ©cor.
– For all the vegetarians, they have some fabulous options too.
– The food was classic Italian with a Mediterranean twist.
Service: The staff is incredible and very good with recommendations.
Bill: AED 105 for a 2 course set menu
AED 125 for a 3 course set menu
I would definitely go back again to sample their a la carte menu and visit the amazing Jazz bar on the floor above.
Contact:Â www.tre.ae/ 044047700