So many times our weekends pass by and the drowning feeling of Sunday hovers upon us. In this part of the world, Sunday plays the efficient role of Monday. If thereâ€™s one thing you can do to brighten up the first day of your week, is that you try the Social Sundays at China Grill. For AED 250 guests are treated to a cascade of unlimited dishes right out of the restaurants Asian inspired menu including some of the exquisite favourites. Doesnâ€™t that sound amazing? After all who doesnâ€™t love offers! Think endless sharing plates of their most popular dishes. Well, I couldnâ€™t think of a better way to start my week!
Name:Â China Grill
Location:Â Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ideal for:Â Dinner with family and friends
What to order:
– Crispy Shrimp Purses- These dumplings were crisp to perfection, stuffed with shrimps, shiitake, leeks and served with sweet chilly sauce. Loved it!
– Tuna and Crab Tartare- Served with Edmame Crostini, this was by far the tastiest of them all. The flavour was fresh and with the crostini it was perfect.
– Crab Dumplings- Stuffed with crab meat, black mushrooms and served with black vinegar and soy, this was soft and delicious.
– Char Siu Bao- The chef seemed to have generously stuffed this bun with chicken, unlike the other restaurants.
– Crackling Calamari Salad- Make sure to eat this as soon as it arrives. The Calamari is crisp and love the semi spicy touch of the chipotle chilli dressing.
– Fire Roasted Eggplant & Burrata- Chargrilled to perfection, glazed with miso and served with burrata, this is an absolute must try if you love eggplants.
– Chicken and Lychee Skewers- A regular Asian style preparation served with salad.
– Dragon Maki Roll- You canâ€™t go wrong with this one. Rolled with cucumber, shrimp tempura, king crab and topped with avocado and mango, this was the most delicious Dragon Roll I have ever tried.
– Kinoko- A maki roll made out of shitake, shimeji (type of mushroom) , tempura enoki(Japanese mushroom) and black truffle. Perfect for all mushroom lovers.
– For mains they had various choices such as Beijing Duck, Smoked Black Tea Tooth Fish, King Scallop, Lobster Siew Mai, Lamb Rack and much more. But since we were so stuffed with the appetisers, we just couldnâ€™t dare to call for the main course.
– Cheesecake Lollipops- This one gets full marks for its presentation. Served in a grass pot like a lollipop, the outer shell of the cheesecake is crisp and sweet while it is soft and creamy on the inside. I thoroughly relished this one. Also you have various flavour options; I tried the blueberry and strawberry.
– Bananas in a box- Recommended by the staff, I was excited to order this one, as it has to be lit up in order to melt. Originally a chocolate dome which upon melting exposes the delicious combination of banana pieces along with macadamia nougatine and vanilla ice cream. Honestly, I found a certain flavour too strong (maybe rum). Had that been less, the flavour of the banana and macadamia would stand out.
– I love surprises but this time I did not know our menu was going to be one. The meal started with the staff asking you what you prefer and what you like to eat and if you have any allergies. Oksana then told us that we donâ€™t have to worry and the chef will prepare everything and send it across. That little surprise element added up to the amazing experience. All you have to do is take a seat and you will be amazed at how the food keeps flowing in, one delicious dish after the other.
-On a Sunday, this place was buzzing and most of the tables were full.
– I loved the ambience of the restaurant. The hanging cane lanterns adorned the entire ceiling giving that classy Asian touch.
-For AED250, this is a steel deal. With the amount of appetisers, quality of food, the amazing ambience, delicious choices of seafood and meat for main course and gourmet desserts, this for sure is value for money. The whole dining experience is simply amazing and highly recommended!
-For all vegetarians, you donâ€™t have to worry. They have plenty options too.
-With the amount of appetisers flowing in, make sure to leave space for the main course and dessert.
Service: Oksana was simply amazing with her service and recommendations.
Bill: AED250 per person for Social Sunday
This is one place I will definitely go back to with all my friends and will make sure I try the main course next time.
Contact:Â www.chinagrillrestaurant.com/dubai, 045117333