Launched in Spring 2016, Revlons new Ultra HD matte range not only looks fantastic but also claims to be lightweight. Since it was matte I had to give it a try. I picked up three shades- Flirtation, Passion and Addiction and this is what I thought about it:
– Firstly they smell so good, somewhat like a bubblegum candy.
– They come in great shades, I loved so many of them, these three were my top favourite.
– The packaging is top notch, the sleek frosted tube is very attractive!
– They definitely are lightweight and 100% wax free. The shades are richly pigmented.
– The formula is so hydrating,Â it definitely won’t crack your lips. The application is smooth, it just glides on your lip. Highly recommend it for someone with dry lips.
– It lasts for about three hours approx and then fadesÂ to an attractive stain.
– I think they are more glossy than matte. So if you’re not a big matte lipstick fan then this is what you should get. After application it takes a very long time for it to turn matte.
– Since they have an intense fragrance it might not be the best option for sensitive lips.
– The consistency differs from shade to shade. Also you have to apply two coats for the real shade to show.
– You have got to use a lip liner or else it starts feathering a little bit.
– You might want to clean it off from the centre of your lip because this is the kind that would get on to your teeth so beware of that.
Overall, the Revlon Ultra HD Matte LipColor is aÂ goodÂ liquid creamy lipstick, just not matte. If you’re looking for something glossy and vibrant, this is just ideal. If you’re looking for a good matte lipstick then I recommendÂ the BourjoisÂ Rouge Edition Velvet(Click here for the reviewÂ ). Do check out the samples and swatches below!
Available at: Centrepoint