How to Choose the Perfect Crossbody Bag
Crossbody bags are not only in style but are also extremely practical. The style first appeared as the â€˜postman bagâ€™ and was since reinvented to be a smaller, lighter and a more fashionable bag for women. We have seen the trends of the micro purses and the oversized bag but the crossbody is one style that adds to your outfit without dominating it and gives you plenty of space to pack your essentials.Â Â
Styling your crossbody bag
The crossbody bag comes in different materials, which gives you quite the selection depending on what you plan to use your bag for and where. For summer, for example, a canvas or woven crossbody is ideal. A leather or vegan leather bag always looks stylish and you can find lightweight versions. For practicality and especially travel, you can find a microfiber, nylon or polyester bag.Â
Â Some of the most stylish crossbody bags are the ones designed by Gucci like the mini Mormont styles or the leather bucket bag, which is super trendy right now. These bags, as well as Gucciâ€™s entire new womenâ€™s collection is available online in stores like Luisaviaroma.com.Â For stylish travel bags, the Baggallini bags are a popular option.Â For a high quality classic bag, Fossil also has some stylish and more affordable crossbody bags.Â
How to choose the perfect crossbody bag according to your body type
There are a lot of the things to consider when purchasing a crossbody bag.Â Crossbody bags come with different body sizes and shapes as well as shoulder straps in all different lengths and widths. You want to be sure you find one that hits you at the right spot and is the right size for you.Â
If you want to accentuate your curves but not add too much bulk to a winter outfit, for example, choosing an unstructured, medium size crossbody bag with the appropriate strap length for your height. This is a flattering option and youâ€™ll be able to comfortably move around with all those winter layers.Â Â
How to adjust the straps
A few tips to choose the perfect crossbody bag according to your body type include:
– Measure your favorite crossbody bag you already love and continuously reach for. Measure from the peak of your strap to the top of the bag and look for bags that have the same measurement.
– Measure from where you want the body of the bag to sit to the top of your opposite shoulder. This will give you a good idea as to how it will sit on your body.
– Common strap drop lengths include: 18â€, 20â€, and 23â€. Buying guides often recommend an 18â€ drop length for 5â€™2â€ and shorter, 20â€ for 5â€™2â€-5â€™8â€, and 23â€ for 5â€™5â€ and taller.
– If you find the right bag but need a strap adjustment, you can often purchase extra straps and find one with the drop length that best suits your needs.
– Especially if it is your first crossbody bag purchase, it is helpful to find one that has an adjustable strap. This way, you can play around with the length that best suits you.
There are so many options to choose from that you are bound to find the right crossbody bag for you.Â